Getting started with the EwE sources
EwE is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html).
EwE is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Please write us an email to request access to the sources, stating why and how you would use the sources. We will then send you a user name and password back for connecting to our SVN server.
- System requirements - What computers can run the EwE source code?
- Download sources from SVN - Download the EwE sources from our central SVN server.
- Install Visual Studio - Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition is the development environment that we use to program EwE. This is required if you want to program or look into the source code of EwE.
- Install Access drivers - Make sure your system has the Access 2010 drivers installed that EwE needs.
- Loading and compiling the Ecopath source code - This section describes how to run the scientific interface from the sources.
If you are somehow not able to run SVN (for instance due to company policy) you can download a zip file with the latest EwE source code here. We'd still very much like to hear why and how you intend to use the software, please let us know.